IT IS OUR GOAL TO PROVIDE QUALITY DENTISTRY FOR YOUR CHILD IN A PROFESSIONAL, RELAXED AND FRIENDLY ATMOSPHERE, AND WE STRIVE TO MEET THESE GOALS DAILY. THIS LETTER STATES SOME OFFICE POLICIES THAT WE FEEL ARE IMPORTANT IN MAINTAINING A POSITIVE RELATIONSHIP.
FINANCIAL / INSURANCE POLICY
- Payment is due at the time service is rendered. Payment is the responsibility of the parent accompanying the child to the dental appointment.
- If your insurance benefits have not been verified by our office prior to your child's initial visit, all charges must be paid in full at the time of the appointment. As a courtesy, our office will then submit the claim for this visit to your insurance company for you.
- If your insurance coverage should change, a 48-hour notice is required prior to any scheduled appointments.
- Insurance coverage is based on an estimate of your insurance benefits. You, the parent, are responsible for all amounts not covered by your insurance company. You will need to contact your insurance company with any questions regarding payment of benefits. If for some reason your account should become delinquent, you agree to pay for all rebilling charges, interest charges, collection costs, and attorney fees.
- If you have secondary insurance we can provide a claim form for parents to submit. Our office does not file secondary insurance.
- We do not accept personal checks at the time services are rendered, however, if you need to pay a previous balance due to a statement received from us, a personal check will be accepted.
- A returned check due to insufficient funds in the account will be charged according to Florida statute table of allowances.
- Patients are responsible for keeping their scheduled appointments. We will require a deposit in order to reserve scheduled appointments for certain types of dental treatment. Deposit amounts vary based upon services being rendered; the amount will be discussed at the time we present the treatment plan to you.
- We require a 24-hour notice if an appointment cannot be kept since the time has been reserved for your child. If a 24-hour notice is not given, that appointment is considered to be a broken appointment. A broken appointment fee of $50.00 will be charged for every 30 minutes of scheduled appointment time. Second broken appointment will be grounds for dismissal from the practice.
PARENTS IN THE TREATMENT ROOM
We allow parents to be in the treatment rooms with their children, except during IV Sedation appointments since the equipment does not allow enough room for the doctors, staff, and parents.